Treatment Services Provided
* Individual Counseling and/or Psychotherapy * Treatment for Trauma and Abuse Victims
for Children, Adolescents and Adults (Verbal, Emotional, Physical and Sexual)
* Group Counseling for Adolescents and * Behavior Management/Modification and
Adults (As Need and Numbers Present) Treatment Of Children's Issues
* Family and Couples Counseling * Relationship Issues and Difficulties
* Stress Disorders Management * Depression and Mood Disorders
* Anxiety Disorders * Personality Disorders
* Personal Growth and Self Esteem Issues * Dual Diagnosis (Substance Abuse & M. H.)
* Adjustment Disorders * Personal Growth and Self Esteem Issues
* School Problems, Poor Motivation/Behavior * Aggressiveness, Acting Out, Impulse Control
* Corrections Issues (15+ years in MDOC) * Christian Counseling Option *
* Assessment and Management Of Attention
Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorders (AD/HD)
* Psychological Assessment/Testing Services
- Intellectual (IQ)
- Pre-Employment Evaluations for Law
Enforcement and Public Safety Positions
- Gastric Exclusion Surgery Psychological
- Parenting and Custody Evaluations
- Counseling Progress Reports for Probation, etc.
ABOUT "DR. JAY" [J. V. Ritenour, Ph.D., L.P.]
Dr. "Jay" Ritenour is a graduate of the University of Southern Mississippi (Ph.D. 1976) and Abilene
Christian University (M.S. 1970 & B.S. 1969). His background experience includes several
years of college and university teaching of psychology courses and over fifteen years as a Chief
Psychologist with the Michigan Department of Corrections where he clinically supervised 32 Staff
Psychologists. Dr. Ritenour is fully licensed in Michigan as a psychologist and has been in private
practice, in Jackson, Michigan, since 1979. In his practice, as the owner of The Woodbridge
Psychological Center, he has treated over 3,500 clients over the past 33 years.
Dr. Ritenour is clinically experienced in a broad range of problem areas and conducts Individual
Psychotherapy and Counseling with adults, adolescents and children (6 years and older). Children
under 6 are typically seen with their parent(s).
He has considerable experience with couple/relationship counseling, family issues and group
therapy. Please see the "Treatment Services Provided" section, in the following pages, for a more
comprehensive listing of services available. Dr. Ritenour also has a degree in Theology and offers
the option of Christian Counseling for those who desire a faith based approach.
"We're Here When Your World Needs Us"